Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

What is the difference between Spectre x360 13 ae-006ur and 13 ae-012ur? Description on site looks identical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pricing can be weird sometimes. If you are undecided between those two models, I'd order the one with the IPS screen. If it happens to be cheaper than the one with the unspecified screen, that's a bonus!

The Service and Maintenance Guide for that range doesn't really help unravel this mystery. There appear to be three screen types in three finishes - full HD BrightView, full HD antiglare with privacy filter and ultra HD BrightView. Full HD will be 1080p or thereabouts, ultra HD will be 4K or thereabouts. Perhaps the unspecified screen on 13-ae006ua is the privacy screen option - this web page (click) suggests so (what of it is in English, that is). I suspect that 13-ae012ua is the ordinarl full HD version. Unfortunately most of the hits I'm getting when I search for these two models are in Russian or Georgian, whereas I'm a native English speaker with some French and German.

I sometimes find myself questioning why marketing materials cannot be as clear as the service materials!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Alex149 wrote:
.... Description on site looks identical.

But the color may not be the same, one can be silver, other can be gold.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No, the colour seems the same too and it can not justify 20% price difference in retail.

HP Recommended

13-ae012ur has an IPS screen. 13-ae006ur has an unspecified screen, which may well be TN.

HP Recommended

ae012 costs less than ae006, thought is should be vise versa

HP Recommended

Pricing can be weird sometimes. If you are undecided between those two models, I'd order the one with the IPS screen. If it happens to be cheaper than the one with the unspecified screen, that's a bonus!

The Service and Maintenance Guide for that range doesn't really help unravel this mystery. There appear to be three screen types in three finishes - full HD BrightView, full HD antiglare with privacy filter and ultra HD BrightView. Full HD will be 1080p or thereabouts, ultra HD will be 4K or thereabouts. Perhaps the unspecified screen on 13-ae006ua is the privacy screen option - this web page (click) suggests so (what of it is in English, that is). I suspect that 13-ae012ua is the ordinarl full HD version. Unfortunately most of the hits I'm getting when I search for these two models are in Russian or Georgian, whereas I'm a native English speaker with some French and German.

I sometimes find myself questioning why marketing materials cannot be as clear as the service materials!

HP Recommended

Thanks for help! I'll go for ae-012ur than.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.