Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Stop charging the battery without disconnecting the charger

I have an HP ENVY x360 and Windows 10. How to stop the battery from charging while using the device and is plugged into the power supply. In order to maintain the possibility of the battery, because the use of the device while charging may lead to a weakening of the battery (please confirm this information). Note that the device's battery (input) can not be separated during the charging process? Also with the knowledge that I have searched for battery meter that it is possible, according to what I have seen that this is done, but I did not find her, how can access them or see in the corresponding windows 10

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Respectfully, your post is not understandable.  Please state your questions clearly.

HP Recommended

I want to make the battery not charge and I connect the AC power because I work for long periods so as not to damage the battery
For example, remove the battery in devices where the battery is removable

Meaning that the battery is not charged after charging reaches 100% and the device works on AC power

HP Recommended

When the charging adapter is connected and the battery has reached full charge (meaning 100%), circuitry in the computer prevents overcharging and it maintains a full charge.  (I have an 11 year old business laptop — Hp Compaq nx9420 — that has never been disconnected from its adapter and it stills reports the battery ar 100%).

In fact if yours is a late model HP laptop, charging stops completely at 100%, and the battery slowly discharges to 96%.  When it gets below that number, charging again starts and continues until the battery reaches 100%.  That cycle continues indefinitely as long as the adapter is connected.

I don't know why you would want to remove the battery and use only the adapter, but the only problem I foresee is possible battery damage because of continued non-use.

HP Recommended

There is an error in the second paragraph of my post.

96% should be 94%.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! for your efforts and your interest

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.