cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Strange noises from my Probook 450 G6

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Probook makes this exact noise (not my video): https://youtu.be/LvSYkYE03a4

Additional info:

• made the sound since the beginning

• couldn't give in to HP right away, because I needed it for work

• a few weeks ago I managed to give it to HP Poland. They said they changed a part and fixed the issue but the issue persists.

• my HP warranty is expired and I need it again for work. I still have extended warranty through the dealer, though.

• the noises (chirping sound, see video) are always there, when the power is plugged in. When it runs on battery, the sound gets more silent if I change the battery settings to "longer battery life" (so I guess when it gets less power)

• the sound isn't that loud but when the room is silent, it can get quite annoying (fan noise doesn't bother me).

• my guess is it probably would need an expensive part to be exchanged, like the motherboard.

• otherwise I am happy with the notebook (love the upgradeability)

Since the Notebook already went to HP and they said it's fine°, I wanted to ask you guys: Is it? Do I have to live with it? I am honestly not sure. My Macbook Pro I had before was completely silent (other than fan noise) but maybe 800 bucks is not enough to expect a silent laptop (honest question)?

°although I suspect that the technician might have not been aware of the actual issue and I couldn't communicate with him directly.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation