Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Suggest a good case for HP spectre x360 8th gen late 2017

HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can anyone suggest me a good case for HP SPECTRE X360 8th gen late 2017 13inch laptop
3 REPLIES 3
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is impossible to say what is a good case for you just by knowing the model of computer you have.

What are you looking for in a case? Are you looking for a sleeve to protect the computer carried by itself or inside another bag? Are you looking for a backpack with a laptop compartment? Are you looking for a messenger bag or toploading bag?

What else do you want to carry along with your laptop? Do you want to carry a power adapter or other accessories? Do you need space for books, papers, pens and/or personal effects (bank cards, passport etc.). Do you intend to fly with your bag? What is your budget? What country are you in?

HP sell a decent range of bags (at least in the UK, where I live), but you are not limited to HP bags just because you own a HP computer.

I have four bags I use with my laptop. I have a sleeve, which I put the computer in, then it goes in one of three bags. Normally I use a toploader which is small enough to be an additional bag in the cabin when I fly, but has room for my power adapter and other essential items. I also have a leather briefcase with a laptop compartment when I need to carry the laptop along with a lot of books and papers, and a camera bag with a laptop compartment when I'm going on a trip where photography is my main aim.

There is a laptop compartment in my rolling cabin suitcase, though I normally remove that compartment to make room for other items and use the toploading bag for my laptop when I travel.

Sravan18
Author
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for replying. Im living in India and I want a case/skin so that laptop is protected from scratches and I cannot find a single item here in india or through aliexpress, banggood.
0 Kudos
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 89 267
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are looking for cases that you install the computer into or stick onto the computer's housing, I very much doubt you will find any. With one or two exceptions for popular tablet style devices (such as some of the Microsoft Surface range and perhaps also some of the HP x2 detachable 2-in-1s), these aren't available for Windows tablets and laptops - they're really more a mobile phone thing.

I had an install style case for an ancient Dell device that is a little like your HP and it really wasn't that successful despite being sold as one of the official cases by Dell. With modern devices like your HP x360, where you fold the screen right back for 'tablet mode', that design of case would not work at all; you'd only be able to use the device in 'tablet mode' by completely removing the device from the case. Even on that old Dell, where there was a 'fold and twist' hinge that you used to flip the screen over for 'tablet mode', you had to take the display out of the top of the case and reinsert it to change mode. The case relied on a piece of self-adhesive velcro stuck to the device which, even if it was made from top quality material and applied perfectly, only had a limited life before it required replacement. The case also made the device very bulky and the large holes required for the ports compromised the level of protection it offered.

Your HP should be more than robust enough to be carried in commercially available sleeves and bags that have a laptop compartment so long as you treat it with reasonable care. I would carry it with the screen folded to the keyboard to protect the screen.

You'll get the greatest protection by placing your device in a sleeve - then, if you're carrying it with other things, place the sleeved device into a bag with a laptop compartment. There are various sleeves available. HP India's online shop lists the 13.3 Business Sleeve, whilst amazon.in have a good price on the split leather HP 13.3 Premium Spectre Sleeve. If you are interested in either of these options, you will need to check the dimensions against those of your device to check they are large enough.

There are a huge range of laptop bags available, especially in the 15.6 inch size category. If your device is in a sleeve and there is a retaining strap in the bag, you should have no problem using a 15.6 inch laptop compartment - though there are some bags designed specifically for 13.3 or 14 inch laptops.

Really, it is a case of hunting through the vast range of bags that are available, then checking the dimensions of the laptop compartment against those of your HP to make sure the compartment is big enough. It is worth checking reviews as well as remembering that to some extent you get what you pay for; very cheap might mean poor quality.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation