Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, EliteBook is a good choice for business as it fast enough and has many other benefits.

Although, there is some limitation what we would like to avoid in the next generations of this hardware.

I'm sure you can redesign the keyboard as we need some evident keys.

INSERT, PLUS, MINUS are the must to use with many commonly used software.

CTRL-PLUS

CTRL-MINUS

ALT-CTRL-MINUS

ALT-CTRL-PLUS

CTRL-INSERT

etc.

Without these keys, we have to use an external keyboard, or we have to suffer slower work. Both are unacceptable.

We need these keys for everyday use, there is no deal to get less next time.

In the column of DELETE key, you can insert these keys with that height as DELETE.

Please consider redesigning your business notebooks' keyboards. We would like to use the next generations as well.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The 850 line already has these buttons so I don't see why a redesign of the other models would be needed.

HP Recommended

I can give you three + 1 reasons why:

1. I checked the products again on the official HP website:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitebook-840-g5-notebook-pc-p-3rf06ut-aba-1

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitebook-850-g5-notebook-pc-p-6nt02ut-aba-1

As we can see on the web we can get data about how thin those are what information is almost irrelevant in the business, but the keyboard is not seeable well. (I prefer long battery time or faster CPU instead of thin design.)

2. The 850 line has a bigger display and keyboard. Although it is useful but also not so important.

3. Because it is very practical and it is possible.

+1 because many Customers ask it. So HP can get a chance to sell more from these notebooks if those are much more usable.

HP Recommended

Those who want the larger keyboards only buy the 850. It's a reason HP has two kinds of models: One with Insert and one without so you can choose. I don't think enough customers want numpad keyboard on the 830, 840.. 

HP Recommended

Pegaus00, I understood your first answer for the first time.
Just to be clear. We don't want to enforce HP to listen to customers' needs, it's HP's choice.
As an HP customer, my possibility to contribute to help HP to make better products is the feedback about our requirements.
We like to use this size of HP notebooks, we miss those few keys what I wrote above, that's all.

HP Recommended

Yes, and likewise as an HP customer I am saying this would be an unwanted feature for me. They already offer the larger keyboard, but then the space gets limited, of course, so it's the 850 or nothing. Customers may want a lot but they don't always know the implications.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.