Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am another victim of the G6 crap screen ... general available reviews do not mention anything about this, I only found info later when searching for the problem specifically

Is there any update from HP, are they willing to change the screen or something?

HP Recommended

Any feedback, HP?

HP Recommended

I got an answer from HP service: they claim it is as it should be. I bought another computer; I will never buy another HP computer; I will use this laptop as stationary connected to a normal screen, as this is the only way I can use it.

I tried to use it a couple of times and got headache after 10 minutes each time...

This new generation of HP sure view is a shame.

HP Recommended

unbelievable... we are in year 2020 and this is not normal by HP to just ignore problem. Perhaps it is possible to replace the screen to any other option that is possible to use without headache? Did anyone try?

At this point I do not care anymore about so called "sure view" or screen brightness outside. Just want to make my laptop normal so I can use it.

HP Recommended

This is exactly how it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cydlkVL5Tss

Looks HP is still just ignoring the problem, no any reply or advise from them. But did anyone replace the G6 sure view screen to G5 or some other option? 

HP Recommended

Also were scammed by HP now. The screen is such a useless piece of crap. Not only the viewing angle.  could probably live with that (and the over saturated colors). What annoys me the most is that the laptop can't be used in the lap because the small wiggeling causes the screen effect to appeara as if it was blinking.   Our company buys thousands fo HP computers each year. I will not be silent about this problem. A new computer that is unsuable. 

HP Recommended

I made an account to comment on this. Since I received the 1000 nits Sure View display, I have been getting really terrible eye strain. Glad to see others are having similar issues. The uniformity is too bad and even a low brightness is awful. Like the notebook, but it is unusable unless with an external monitor.

HP Recommended

Hi, it's not only Elitebooks G6 issue for sure.

Since last month I have ZBook 14u G6 and I have the same crappy Sure View display. 

With Sure View on or off there are the same poor viewing angles, the only different is brightness.

I'm totally disapointed.

HP Recommended

I have 6 brand new G6 and all they do is dim the screen. Sent them all the the repair center twice and still they dont work.

DO NOT BUY

HP Recommended

After some costumer support from governmental office that is legally regulating disputes, retailer agreed to replace my 840 g6 with so called sure view with a 830 g7 with a 400 nit display. So far all good.

Note that I still believe in HP. Sometimes its all about design that matters at the end of the day, and here HP has some taste, one could say. But still, thanks for nothing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.