2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Switch on Elitebook 840 G5 from Display e243d

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

We have the laptop Elitebook 840 G5 connected to EliteDisplay e243d (with docking station) via USB Type-C cable. 
To turn on the laptop we need to open the laptop lid each time and press the switch on button.
The EliteDisplay E243D promoted as a display with the docking station which can be connecting to the laptop via one cable and of course we recognize it as a usual docking station which has turn-on button + display. I tried to delegate the turn-on function to one of button on the USB keyboard connected to display, but can't find any options in the laptop BIOS. Anybody can help us with this issue?

Thanks,
Anton

2 REPLIES 2
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
829 820 81 166
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

in tha Laptop BIOS , go to Advanced Menu, select Boot Options.

at line 4 you see: Power On When AC Detected, enable it,

It means that with USB-C cable connected to the notebook, when you power on the monitor, it provides power to the notebook , that detecting power on USB-C port, will boot.

Bye

0 Kudos
yazubets
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi TryToDoMybest,

Thanks for your reply!

It helps partly, but if I'll to connect laptop and screen via Type-C cable and when to shut down it from Windows, then to switch on it, I'll need to disconnect/connect Type-C cable again - uncomfortable.

Thanks,
Anton

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation