Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!  I seem to be having a similar touchpad problem with HP Envy dv4t-5200.  The laptop is inoperatable without mouse.  Based thread on it would appear I need to re-install mouse driver.  How do I find the correct version for my laptop?  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@katn97

I'm sorry you're running into this issue with the touchpad.

Steps to Reinstall the Touchpad Driver

1. Press the Windows key + X 

2. Click Device Manager

3. Expand Mice and other input devices

4. Double-click on 'Synaptics'

5. Click the Driver tab

6. Make note of the version number shown there and let me know what that is in your reply

7. Click the Uninstall button 

8. Click Restart Now, when prompted

During the restart, Windows will detect and reinstall the missing driver on its own. Allow it to finish loading and try the touchpad again. Please let me know which driver version number is shown on the Driver tab, so I can compare it to the most recent version.

Let me know the results also, please 🙂

HP Recommended

I've recently ran into some troble with the Synaptics driver for touchpad and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a HP pavilion g6-2213sa laptop. Last evening the Synaptics Driver crashed and usually I can tell when it has stopped working because the red light that goes on when I disable the touchpad (by tapping the small dent in the corner of the touchpad) does not light. This happened, and my cursor became very erratic and unresponsive, so I downloaded a replacement driver from the HP pavilion website that corresponded to my system's specifications.

To me, it seems like Synaptics has been re-installed as the red light I mentioned beforehand lights. However, the touchpad refuses to scroll and instead when my move my finger where the scroller is on the touchpad, nothing happens. I've checked my Synaptics settings and scrolling is checked, so I don't know what is causing the scroller to remain unresponsive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Panic over! I forgot to check the Synaptics settings after I reinstalled the driver. Sorry for the topic bump!

HP Recommended

@Rachael_b

No worries! I hope it is fixed for you now, but if you run into any other issues, let me know 🙂

HP Recommended

i have HP Probook 4445s .... i changed my os to windows 8... initially my touchpad worked properly...but now it disappeared not working...can anyone pls help me...

thanx 

HP Recommended

Hey krish_6170, 

I'm sorry you're running into this touchpad issue. Download and install the touchpad Windows 8 driver below.

Synaptics TouchPad Driver version 16.3.9 - Restart if prompted to do so. After the restart, test your touchpad and let me know the results when you get a chance, please 🙂

You can find other drivers for your computer, for Windows 8 here on your Windows 8 Driver Page.

HP Recommended

Hey.
I've tried it a number of times still not working though..

There is no light in the LED spot. i can't activate it by double-tapping or installing any drivers?
What to do?

HP Recommended

i have a gateway model nv55s and the touchpad has quit working. nothing to do with the f6 on off key.

any suggestions

HP Recommended

Hi. The touchpad stopped working on my dm4-1160us, running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the synaptics driver from Hp website and done a Hard reset. It still doesn't work. Everytime Windows tries to reinstall it's synaptics driver. I have even disabled windows from installing its drivers. No success. The synaptics shows up in the Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad Properties as This device is working properly, but it is not. Please help. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Sen4. I understand you are experiencing issues with the touchpad. Based on what you have indicated, it almost seems there is a hardware issue. Until that has been confirmed, this HP document will explain how to use and configure the touchpad. Please ensure all steps are followed, and I will continue to research this issue.

I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.