Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have bios version 01.14.01. I have Last bios time 18.1 seconds, and when i want to downgrade my bios version to 01.12.00 , i get message "BIOS Update did not procced because the system administrator has locked the BIOS version". Pls help me!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

I wouldn't call it really an issue because 15 seconds it not way too much bit do you think your boot issue (15 seconds) started after you upgraded BIOS from previous to newer version ?

You may reboot your machine and go to HP Start up menu (Esc) -> then BIOS (F10)

Go to "Main" tab -> Update System BIOS

Ensure unlimited rollback policy is configured.

Save the changes and exit BIOS

You may then try to revert back the BIOS to previous version.

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Note that some BIOS version may not be revered back due to high severity (critical) issues fixed with the new BIOS and there is a lock implemented by HP. However, please check the option mentioned above.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

My laptop takes about 50 seconds from pressing the power button to get to the desktop. I have i5-8350u with 16gb of RAM.

HP Recommended

@SrdjanS wrote:

My laptop takes about 50 seconds from pressing the power button to get to the desktop. I have i5-8350u with 16gb of RAM.

Hi,

50 seconds is different from the initially posted 18,1 or 15 🙂

Could you answer my questions - do you confirm that the problem started after BIOS update ?

Have you tried the suggestion above ?

HP Recommended

I think it started when I bought and added a new 8GB frame, I originally had 8GB. I have 2 stick of Samsung Ram memory on 2400 mHZ.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Usually, the symptoms of RAM issue are different (like freezing, sudden lock-ups, blue screen of deaths resulting in restarts, etc). OS boot slowness o is not a typical problem of RAM problem or RAM incompatibility.

However, it take just a few minutes to test it. You can turn off the machine, open the bottom cover of the laptop, get the newly added RAM chip out and while the bottom cover is still open, you can press the power-on button and test. You may then see if the machine is slow or not. This will be the 100% proof, everything else is just ideas or speculations.

Here is a video how to open the device:

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdsuaQxZD34

More info: http://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-elitebook-850-g5-review-feature-loaded-business-device-with-minor-flaws/ Specs and prices: http://laptopmedia.com/series/hp-elitebook-850-g5/ LaptopMedia.com
HP Recommended

I just tried it, I get the same time as with both. So its not a memory problem.

HP Recommended

Ok,

Please, confirm:

- The issue did NOT start after you updated BIOS ?

- The BIOS question above is not related to your slowness ?

- Have you tried my suggestions in regards to the reverting back and have you tried reverting back afterwards ?

@SrdjanS wrote:

I just tried it, I get the same time as with both. So its not a memory problem.

HP Recommended

I thought the problem was either up to the Bios or up to the Ram memory. I tried reinstalling Windows, but it didn't help. I tried to reset the bios to the previous version, but I get this message "BIOS Update did not procced because the system administrator has locked the BIOS version"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.