Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE
Chrome OS

The latest RMA Shim HP provides (HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE_2017_02_21) is failing at the FATP.ShopFloor.WriteHWID and TouchscreenFirmwareVerify_elan test. This is one of the few test that needs to pass in order to load a verified Chrome OS image.​

The specific error is:

HWIDException: Invalid 'touchscreen' component found

It seems that the firmware version on the touchscreen that shipped with the chromebook is higher than what the test wants to see, ver 5602 vs 5600.

Is there a way to skip this test and still write the HWID?

Please help, I'm in a school district that has 12 thousand of the G5 EE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Seems that your issue may need the attention of our 2LS support. I would encourage you to call into support and get a support case going, in the meantime I will contact you in PM so that we can track your request and make sure we give you the support needed

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello,

Seems that your issue may need the attention of our 2LS support. I would encourage you to call into support and get a support case going, in the meantime I will contact you in PM so that we can track your request and make sure we give you the support needed

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
HP Recommended

HP has updated the Shim found on their FTP site that fixes this issue.

HP Recommended

I am having an issue similiar to this.

We have HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE in our district (approx. 1000 units). We are getting a WriteWHID failure. The error reads:

Verification failed for the following components:

display_panel: Invalid 'display_panel' component found with probe result { 'compact_str': 'CMN:1131 [1366x768],

'height': '768

'product_id': '1131',

'vendor': 'CMN',

'width': '1366'} (no matching name in the component DB)

I have ran into this issue twice now. Both times I have requested a different system board. Both times I still get this same error. I have tried using both versions of the shim file available on HP's website for Chromebook shims. At this point I don't know what else to do. No help on forums and live chatting with HP support just tells me to go download the latest shim file.

HP Recommended

@DoubleD1978 wrote:

I am having an issue similiar to this.

We have HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE in our district (approx. 1000 units). We are getting a WriteWHID failure. The error reads:

Verification failed for the following components:

display_panel: Invalid 'display_panel' component found with probe result { 'compact_str': 'CMN:1131 [1366x768],

'height': '768

'product_id': '1131',

'vendor': 'CMN',

'width': '1366'} (no matching name in the component DB)

I have ran into this issue twice now. Both times I have requested a different system board. Both times I still get this same error. I have tried using both versions of the shim file available on HP's website for Chromebook shims. At this point I don't know what else to do. No help on forums and live chatting with HP support just tells me to go download the latest shim file.

You will have to wait until HP updates the shim or swap the display from another Chromebook that did pass the hardware test. 

HP Recommended

I guess I should have worded that differently. I have ran into this with two separate Chromebooks. Both times requesting a different system board.

HP Recommended

Hi. Are you still having this issue or was it solved? I work for a school district and we are having the same issue. We bought LCD displays for our G6-EE's and cannot write the HWID. We are receiving the same error message 

HP Recommended

What we figured out through tons of trial and error was that there was a conflict with the firmware on the LCD panels. At the time of my original post the firmware on the LCD panel was out of sync with what the replacement system board was looking for. We ended up ordering another LCD panel through self maintainer and then it would let the shim program complete. Hope this helps, or at least points you in the right direction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.