Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectra Folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a Spectre Folio Convertible laptop on 28th September 2019 with an extended warranty for 12 months.  Within 1 month of using the laptop, the  leather seams on the edges of the keypad  and monitor side started to break open slowly on all sides . This started happening on the two corners of the keyboard side where my wrists rests whilst typing. I was very disappointed with the poor design quality  of the leather casing specifically on the seams, considering that I had invested in a very high quality laptop costing me AED 9000.  I then decided to approach the service center from where i had purchased the laptop to complaint about the quality issue on 3rd December 2019, and the leather case was replaced under warranty.

After getting the laptop from the service center after 2 weeks of waiting , I took it upon myself to be very careful with the laptop whilst typing, but disappointingly the seam along the edge of the keypad & touch pad side started opening up again after a couple of months. And by the end February 2020, the LCD screen started to detach from the metal cover. I was very upset and disturbed by this and felt very angry and unfortunate to have bought this supposedly high end laptop having persistent quality issue of the leather casing and now the screen. 

I had to approach the service center again on 27th April after the showroom opened after a 2 months of waiting due to the lockdown in Dubai, and raised the issue of the leather casing and the detachment of the screen, and the service center accepted my complaint of the quality issue and assured me that the issues will be resolved. But to my surprise,  the laptop was returned to me after 3 weeks, having only repaired the screen and not the leather casing issue. 

Considering that the service center has decided not to repair the design flaw of the leather casing, I would like to escalate this matter to a higher authority in HP Support with my complaint  on the design flaw of the leather casing around the area which comes in regular contact with our hands. 

I request you to respond to my above complaint by taking the necessary steps to resolve the design flaw of the leather casing and & the quality issues of the laptop by awarding me a refund for my laptop so i can purchase another laptop with high quality and durability. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NabilkhanDxb

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@NabilkhanDxb

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear HP Support Team, 

Its been a few days since your last response on 15th May 2020, where you had advised me that the case will be escalated. 

Can you kindly advice the status of resolving my case.

Thanks & Regards,

Nabil Khan. 

HP Recommended

Have you still not been contacted?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have still not been contacted either on my email or phone. 

Email: k.nabil@gmail.com

Mobile: +971506542671 (Dubai)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.