Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day,
I have an HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation notebook (Product Number: 111F5EA) and an HP USB-C Dock G5 (Product Number: 5TW10AA).
2 HP 27q monitors are connected to it via the display port.
The first monitor shows the native resolution of QHD (2,560 x 1,440) but unfortunately the second displays the resolution only 1200 * 800.
I can't set the correct setting to QHD (2,560 x 1,440) on the second monitor.
I updated the NTB firmware, docking station and all drivers to the current version.
Next, I tried to connect kinds of monitor using HDMI.
I tried both USB-C ports and no change.
The Windows 10 version is 1909
Where is the problem why it doesn't work on both monitors in QHD?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dobrý večer, @PolakJ 

This is a known issue and in order to active high resolution, you need to make some settings changes. Please, adjust your BIOS/UEFI settings:

Enable High Resolution mode when connected to a USB-C DP alt mode dock option.
  1. Start or restart the computer and enter HP Computer Setup F10.

note:
    This can be performed by pressing the F10 key while the computer is restarting.

2. Select Advanced tab > System Options.
  3. Check Enable High Resolution mode when connected to a USB-C DP a lot mode dock.
  4. Make sure you do SAVE the changes before exiting the BIOS and restart

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-usb-c-dock-g5/27767205/document/c06575423

Let me know how it goes. S pozdravom!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.