Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Ok, my first response was to Maxim_Rogoza__ who was commenting on Smejko's use of AutoHotKey to remap the weird keys on HP's Zbook and Elitebook machines. I have figured out the call pickup problem Smejko refers to. He noticed the key is sending the Left-Win key - but it only does this AFTER the Alt-F15, so it's not registered.

This works for me:

!F15::

HP Recommended

Thank you Tristan, for sharing.

FN+E = Insert  will solve my problem for a while

HP Recommended

Thank you Smejko and CK777,

I was finally able to remap the Share screen, Answer and Hangup keys to Home, End and Insert respectively using the following AutoHotkey config. Contains mappings for without and with Shift key.

; Share screen key
<!<^F22::Send {Home}
+<!<^F22::Send {Shift Down}{Home}{Shift Up}

; Answer key
<!F15::
  KeyWait,LWin
  reload
  Send {End}
return
+<!F15::
  KeyWait,LWin
  reload
  Send {Shift Down}{End}{Shift Up}
return

; Hangup key
<!<^F14::Send {Insert}
+<!<^F14::Send {Shift Down}{Insert}{Shift Up}

HP Recommended

The answer was extremely helpful, so my sincere thanks to Tristan.  But this is the lamest keyboard layout since the original Apple ][ didn't have lower case letters.  To say it is awful doesn't begin to describe it.  A truly accurate characterization of it cannot be stated in polite language.

HP Recommended

tristan thanks for the help.

this works on a HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

FN+R = Break

FN+S = Sys Rq

FN+C = Scroll Lock

FN+E = Insert

FN+W = Pause

Kindest regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing, it worked for 830 elitebook G5 series too, where Insert Key is not there.

HP Recommended

Hi Tristan,  thanks a lot, it worked for Hp 830 elitebook g5 series, where Insert key is not available and was so time consuming without the key for development usage

HP Recommended

After some experimentation, and based also on the feedback included in this page, I got this AutoHotKey script to work for me. Hope it helps someone else out. Thank you all!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Initialize Script
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; 
; Share screen key --> {Home}
<!<^F22::
Send {Home}
return

+<!<^F22::
Send {LShift Down}{Home}{LShift Up}
return

; Answer key --> {End}, Ctrl+Break
<!F15::
KeyWait, F15
KeyWait, LWin
Send {End}
return

+<!F15::
KeyWait, F15
KeyWait, LWin
Send {LShift Down}{End}{LShift Up}
return

^<!F15::
KeyWait, F15
KeyWait, LWin
Send {CtrlBreak}
return

; Hangup key --> {Insert}
<!<^F14::
Send {Insert}
return

+<!<^F14::
Send {LShift Down}{Insert}{LShift Up}
return

HP Recommended

For my HP 430G6 5TL35ES works next hotkeys :

Fn + m — Insert
Fn + . – Delete
Fn + s – Print Screen
Fn + c – Scroll Lock
Fn + Rigth Shift = Pause Break

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.