Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook x360 1040 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I tried to use throttlestop to reduce heat and fannois and undervoltage my  cpu (i7-8565U) but it is not working and i dont know why. Is there a bios-setting wrong? Is there a problem another HP software?

Can somebody help me? I added screenshots for so you can see my current settings:

Thanks!Throttlestop.JPGthrottstop_mainSettings.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my zbook 17 g5. It seems to have started after a BIOS update. I can't undervolt the CPU anymore. It's really frustrating.

HP Recommended

Same problem here, Elitebook x360 g5 1040. Brand new and disappointed with the annoying persistent fan noise (very high pitched) and overall temps. Can't believe the most expensive laptop at HP is so poorly engineered. My 2 year old asus zenbook UX430un -with a worse cpu performs- 20% better without fans being on all the time. Tried finding my own solution for the elitebook via throttlestop but hp locked it. Please re-enable undervolting! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.