Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPZBook17 G4/3tr87aa#abg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All,

I am having an issue when my laptop performs an auto reboot where it disables the ethernet on my G2 thunderbolt dock. This occurs during windows updates and also when my backup software auto shuts down.

It seems to disable the Thunderbolt driver, requiring me to hard reset the unit by removing the battery.

the wifi adaptor seems ok, and if I plug the ethernet cable directly into the ZBook is fine also.

Is there a configuration item for the Thunderbolt dock that i am missing here?

Thanks in advance

SG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are setting in the BIOS that relate to Thunderbolt. I had a situation where my Thunderbolt 3 device (an audio interface) would not come back up after the system went to sleep or if the device was disconnected and then reconnected later. 

I was able to resolve the issue by changing BIOS settings. I believe it was the 'Thunderbolt Security Level'. That setting, or one of the other Thunderbolt settings improve the situation.

HP Recommended

Just saw this thread that also speaks about the dock and BIOS settings for the win.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ZBook-Studio-x360-G5-amp-Thunderbolt-Dock-230W-G2/m...

HP Recommended

Have changed the settings twice...from "no security" to "pcie...blah blah" Still having the same issue, Lan is disabled upon reboot. Any more ideas? Cheers..PS, i do not seem to have the "legacy power" options as described in one of the suggested solutions. This is a ZBook 17 G4, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1535M v6 @ 3.10GHz,  BIOS is  P70 Ver. 01.34

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.