Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new EliteBook 1040 G4 laptop, a Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2, and a DisplayPort-compatible monitor. I'd like to connect the monitor through the Thunderbolt/USB-C ports on the dock, which should be capable of outputting DisplayPort signal (according to the manual and the DP logo next to one of the ports), rather than the DisplayPorts themselves, because I want to use only one cable and quickly switch the monitor between the HP and my MacBook that only has Thunderbolt ports. But the dock's Thunderbolt/USB-C ports are not working for DP output (my monitor outputs the message "No DP Signal from Your Device").

Note that:

- The monitor works fine when using a DP-to-DP cable to the dock's DP ports (so the dock is working and connected properly)

- Monitor also works fine when connected directly to the laptop's Thunderbolt port using a DP-to-Thunderbolt cable, OR with a DP-to-DP cable and DP-to-Thunderbolt adapter (so the cables are working)

- It ONLY doesn't work when connected to the dock's Thunderbolt ports (tried all three of them with the same "no signal" error message on the monitor). Doesn't work with either the DP-to-DP with adapter or DP-to-Thunderbolt cable.

Help appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.