Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, We have bought recently an HP ProBook 430 G5 notebook. 

We need a Dock compatible with this model that supports multiple screens, network and power charging. I can see that exists a lot of models but We have questions abouts the Thunderbolt G2.

The price is well but we need to know with security that this model is full compatible with de ProBook 430. ¿Can power charge this model throw the USB-C and mantain the charge level? In the specs appears that is 15W (Thunderbolt G2) and 65W (Pro Book). We need additional cables, adapters or something like this? Any better Dock?

Many thanks

Soporte Stocklogistic
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@coloma 

Please check compatible machines and price on the following link

http://h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=3TR87AA&opt=&sel=ACC

Yes, from the list it is compatible with Probook 430 G5. For diaplay, please use table on page 6 of the folloing manual

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c05572133.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Do We need additional cables or the unremovable cable from the Thunderbolt is enough to connect the thunderbolt, transmit the video, wireless keyboard, mouse and power charge de notebook at the same time?

Soporte Stocklogistic
HP Recommended

The Probook 430 G5 supports usb-c PD (power delivery) and Alt-Mode video passthrough of usb 3.1 gen2. The new Hp Tunderbolt G2 dock supports TB connected laptops but will also support plan usb-c PD/Alt-mode connections and will behave, in that case, as a standard usb-c dock - NOT a TB dock

which means, the Probook G5 models will work with the G2 TB dock, but not as a thunderbold dock

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

And what is the difference between TB dock and USB-C dock in this case? I only want to charge the laptop at the same time Im using 2 monitors and peripheals.

Soporte Stocklogistic
HP Recommended

Either dock will charge the laptop while powering external monitors, etc. the laptop requires around 45W (i believe) and the docks come with either a 90W (usb-c dock) or 120W (Thunderbolt dock), so plenty of power available for the laptop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.