2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Thunderbolt will not install for dock G2 on HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The usb function on the dock cube does not see the keyboard or mous, nor can I run the Intel Thunderbolt applicationthis is the error when you launch :

[Window Title]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Thunderbolt Software\Thunderbolt.exe

[Content]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Thunderbolt Software\Thunderbolt.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. In device manager it show up as unkown device, I upgraded the BIOS to latest from HP support page for this machine, the display port outputs seem to work fine, but the Thunderbolt Software install rolls back the action every time and it never completely finishes the install, "enede prematurely because of an error" Is there a conflict due to the enterprise version of Win10 or some Group policy preventing proper acces?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yoiu need to check the BIOS setting for Thunderbolt Security Level... the default is User Authentication... when you connect a new TB dock (or any TB device), Intel's Thunderbolt Secure Connect should start and allow you to authenticate it, which then allows all components in the dock/device to be recognized by Windows

If the problem is USB ports connected to the dock during boot, then it is likely that turning off/disabling Fast Start in the BIOS will allow these devices to be seen by the BIOS... assuming, of course that the dock was previously authorized by Secure Connect

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yoiu need to check the BIOS setting for Thunderbolt Security Level... the default is User Authentication... when you connect a new TB dock (or any TB device), Intel's Thunderbolt Secure Connect should start and allow you to authenticate it, which then allows all components in the dock/device to be recognized by Windows

If the problem is USB ports connected to the dock during boot, then it is likely that turning off/disabling Fast Start in the BIOS will allow these devices to be seen by the BIOS... assuming, of course that the dock was previously authorized by Secure Connect

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Lem_SBT
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you-Soccer_Dan,

I had to call my IT dept. to get the BIOS PW... but editing these settings did the trick, I set the level to ALL Devices.I can post a screen shot of the Intel settings if need be.

After tinkering with it for  the USB and Ethernet are now operational on this "Docking Cube" I call it!

Thank you  again for the push in the right direction.

Chris

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation