cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
LeightonJet
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

recently my laptop has lost the "Intel (R)USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.1 (microsoft)" software and my USB-C dock will now only provide power and nothing else.

The Intel thunderbolt software doesn't recognize any host on the laptop.

I have done a factory reset and install of windows but its still not working :(.

any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,204 873 76 134
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since you reinstalled Windows, use HP Image Assistant to update (BIOS and) drivers

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
LeightonJet
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info Soccer_Dan, unfortunately I have tried this already and it didn't work though I do now see the controller I still do not get any other connection though my dock but power (I know the dock works as have tested it with another Laptop) I also tested the laptop with my mini dock and although it recognizes that the mini dock is there again no 2nd screen or Ethernet connection.

I suppose this is a hardware failure and i will need to send this back to be fixed 😞.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation