Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I am experienses som problems with the USB-C dock and the x360 103 G2 model. When i use it with an browser, and the website you enter has a lot of moving graphic and so in,  it disconnects the dock, the i have to take out the cable, and insert it again. 

I have bios updatet the doac, the note bokke, installed all the newest drivers to the notebook and the docking drivers.   i have made at totally reinstall of the windows 10 64 bit operation system...  But it is the same result!!! I have tried with another usb-c dock (same type), with the same result! I have tried with 2 different monitors, one with HDMI and the other with display port, same result!

Any solutions or ideas??

Best regard

Kent

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Does the same problem happen when the laptop is not using the dock. If it works by itself then likely the problem is with the dock. I'd check with the dock manufacturer.

HP Recommended

no problems with the labtop, neither the usb-c port when i use the lan adapter to that one.  the dock is hp own usb-c dock.   i have tried with another usb-c dock (same model)   and it does the same

HP Recommended

Hello

HP has several USB-C Dock models.

the one used with X360 1030 G3 must have a 90 W power supply.

so first check if the power supply has 90W output

then write here the numbers you read on the USB-C Dock , in order to understand which model you are using.

Someone may help you if you provide more information.

Bye

HP Recommended

Hi - I have this exact issue.  I have an Elitebook X360 using an HP Elite USB-c Docking station.

Opening a webbrowser often causes the dock to disconnect, requiring me to unplug, wait 30s and replug in.  Very annoying in an office environment!

THis appears to be a dock issue, not an PC issue.  Has there been any fix?  Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi!  So, in my experience, the G2 docks need to have a power supply AND the PC needs a power supply.  Mine only shipped with 65w PS for both the dock and the PC.   

So, for me, plugging in both resolves the issue.

GL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.