Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook8770w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

USB\VID_138A&PID_003D\00b0723caa8f

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I did not know that you installed a driver for the fingerprint reader already.

The driver I provided is older than any of the ones you installed.

The version of sp58900 is 4.4.234.0.

I would not recommend installing this older driver since you have a much newer one installed.

You could try the HP client security software and use that to enroll your fingerprint instead of the Windows Hello app.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported computer models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99458.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to manually install this driver for that device...

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe

To manually install the driver, download and run the above driver.

It will most likely not automatically install the driver for the fingerprint sensor.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the unknown USB\VID_138A&PID_003D device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58900.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I launched the .exe file that created the sp58900 folder but if I then say to read this folder the system says that I already have the best driver for my device.

From the HP site of my product, I downloaded the driver 4.5.307 which then after several searches I updated with version 4.5.356.0 of 2019 (sp99759) which is currently active. I realized I had a problem using Windows Hello to set my fingerprints... going on the settings of the reader the reader appears to work correctly but then in the Events tab, it tells me that the peripheral needs further installation.

Sorry for the simple question, but how can I uninstall the driver, without uninstalling the device, and then install this one you suggested?I don't know what driver version you suggested to me, but I think it's later than what I already have and that doesn't seem to work. Thank you in advance for the help you give me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I did not know that you installed a driver for the fingerprint reader already.

The driver I provided is older than any of the ones you installed.

The version of sp58900 is 4.4.234.0.

I would not recommend installing this older driver since you have a much newer one installed.

You could try the HP client security software and use that to enroll your fingerprint instead of the Windows Hello app.

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported computer models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99458.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I installed the .exe file you indicated and I registered my fingerprints but without disabling Windows Hello functions. I tried again then to use Windows Hello finger print procedure, and now it works. Thank you so much for the support and clarifications you have given me.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.