Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 1040
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, since 3 weeks I have a new Elitebook 1040 and the Thunderbolt G2 Dockingstation. Now, the docking station is not working correct any more. If I connect any USB drive (external HD or USB stick) to the station, it just does not work. You even don't see any lights. In the last week it was still OK... . Besides that the docking station is operationg well.  If I connect the divices directly to the laptop, everthing is fine. 

Any ideas?

BR

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

how are you connecting the usb drive to the dock? what port? try one of the other ports... the side uab 2 poert ia powered and might have the power for your drive... you can also try a usb-c to usb 3 adapter (inexpensive) and connect to the front usb-c port

the thunderbolt 3 g2 dock features are listed on the quickspecs at http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04834949.pdf

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks, for your feedback.

I just disconected eveything, made a Re-start and now it's working again... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.