cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB still active after shut down and disconnect from power

HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1040 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the following issue with my new EliteBook x360 1040 G6:

When I shut down my laptop and disconnect the power cable afterwards, the connected USB devices (e.g. mouse, keyboard etc.) still use battery power. When I shut down in the evening, the next morning the battery is only at 80%. When I unplug all USB devices, the battery remains at 100%.

I have already tried the following troubleshooting measures, all without success:

- Installation of current BIOS version and current drivers
- Hard-reset of the laptop
- Turn off "Fast Boot" setting in energy settings and in BIOS
- Activate in Device Manager -> USB Controller -> Power setttings --> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
- Deactivate in BIOS the setting Advanced -> Port options -> USB Legacy Port Charging deactivated 

I feel there must be a setting to switch off USB entirely when the laptop is shut down and the power is disconnected. I would really appreciate any guidance what else I can try.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation