Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Other

Has anyone been able to successfully PXE boot an Elitebook x360 1030 G2 with any consistency using a Thunderbot 3 dock, USB-C or USB NIC?  I am using SCCM current branch, and have no issues PXE booting anything else.  However, this model, I've been tinkering with for nearly 6 months on and off, and sometimes PXE works, sometimes it doesn't.  Currently, I've changed the following in BIOS Setup:

1.  Advanced --> Port Options -->  Require BIOS PW to change TBT SL -- OFF

2.  Advanced --> Port Options --> Thunderbolt Security Level -- PCIe and DisplayPort - No Security

3.  Advanced --> Boot Options --> Fast Boot -- OFF (Tried with this setting OFF and ON)

4.  Advanced --> Secure Boot Config --> Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot --> Legacy Disable Secure Boot Enable

(I've tried Legacy Enable and Secure Boot Disable also)

In setting #4 above, if I set Legacy Disable/Secure Boot Enable, the client attempts to contact the WDS server, but just endlessly reboots back to the HP Startup menu (normally requires F10 at boot splash).  If I change this setting to Legacy Enable/Secure Boot Disable, the client attempts to PXE boot, PXE boot fails for no apparent reason.  (We are using Unknown computer support, machine is currently not in SCCM).  If I set both Legacy and Secure Boot to Disable, I get the endless reboot back to HP Startup menu.

Does anyone know how to get these things to boot consistently into SCCM OSD?  I've gotten them to image several times before, and even exported the BIOS settings from one machine that did successfully image, and replicated it on others, only to get the endless reboot into the HP Startup menu. 

I've verified that all the drivers I need are in the boot images, but that would be a moot point considering I have successfully imaged them before.

BIOS Version P80 Ver 01.19

Any help would be much appreciated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.