Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect a monitor with HDMI connector to DisplayPort on Thunderbolt using "DisplayPort to HDMI" adapter. However, all I see is a blank screen after some initial flickering. I tried multiple times with same effect. 

I did notice that the apps on my laptop screen disappears when connected as it now moves over to the new monitor screen (which is blank). 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Pete. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@PeteV1 

What is your computer ? Is it COMPATIBLE with the HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock  ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien,

I have HP Elitebook. The docking station works just fine with my laptop. It's just that one issue I am having when using HDMI to DisplayPort  adapter. It does recognize the new monitor, but the screen is blank. 

In the image below, that works. But since my monitor at home only has HDMI port, I have to use HDMI to  DisplayPort  adapter. G2 does not work when i do this. 

HPThunderbolt-DisplayPort.PNG

Thanks,

Pete.

HP Recommended

I think I found the issue. 

This is the adapter I am using. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_c_n.yrEb8JF01YN

I just noticed that in the last image it says, "Transmission is NOT bi-directional. " 

I need to find a bi-directional adapter now. 

HP Recommended

I found that there is no bidirectional adapter for HDMI - DisplayPort.

Here's what I have:

- DisplayPort on G2 Thunderbolt

- HDMI on my Monitor. 

What would be the adapter that will work? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.