Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying for over a year to get support form HP internationally. In 28 days my extended support warranty expires.

Even when at business support level no help and they managed to lock out my account a few times and redcue my effective warranty duration but not resolve any issues. So it looks like support is glad to see me fall off the edge and just become the owner of a brick.

USA - no help - no tickets get activated or processed - when I try to access support via the HP Assistant it says I am not logged in  - whn I am logged in and it shows status as logged in - maybe geo-fencing with wrong message - chats seem to be unanswered also - help desk has locked my account 'accidentally' more times than answereing even one question; In USA third tier tech support was perfect for the first ZBook DreamColor issues but you can't request that level of service and help desk will refuse to escalate and just close case as resolved each time 😞

Vietnam - no help - vietnamese only

Thailand - no direct help - Thai only - Line suport exists in English but of minimal value ("you should reinstall the system from scratch" - with no guidance on how exactly I should accomplish that).

Cambodia - (current location - border lockdown / curfew) - no support of any kind

The Crucial 1TB NVME card (on HP approved list) might be a contributing element if it is used for virtual memory - Crucial will also not support or replace hardawwre outside of USofA. HP hardware test of memory passes every time.

I really like the Dream Color display and ZBook even if heavy and only w/ 24GB and the Quadro P1000 (I do dev but also film and color grading with daVinci Resolve) but if it crashes in the middle of every editig session or render it is a door stop or anchor 😞

So the 'you can't get there from here' answer is getting old (as are all the very truncated edit fields in HP support interface).

It seems my last chouce will be to eBay it at a huge loss and just get a new macbook and trundle around external 10bit monitor (yuck).

I wish HP did not have tight agreement with Microsoft on OS choices - if this supported full display and GPU capabiities in RedHat Linux or similar most of the MS quality issues would disappear (and yes I know corporate Microsoft licensing / deployment is #1 for accounting).

Why is the engineering support nonexistent for Americans abroad? Wouldn't you like to keep customers rather than drive them away? This is the second ZBook for me - the first would not even support its own dream color display or quadro p4000 card. The compromise was to trade it in for a newer but less powered unit. I should have bailed then 😞

Please don't suggest calling an 800 number unless you live overseas and can demonstrate how to do that 😛

HP support does not seem to publish usable international phone numbers or support email.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.