Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have a new EliteBook 840 G7 that I'm having issues with waking up from sleep.

My research points to two methods to add new devices to allow the computer to be woken up. 

The first was through the Power Management tab in the Device Manager properties.  However when I open my devices via the Device Manager I don't have the Power Management tab appear to check the box to allow the device to wake up the computer.

Therefore I moved on to the second method I found to try to configure this which was via the command prompt.  I opened an elevated(Admin) command prompt and ran the following command first, 'powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any' which showed me all the supported devices that could wake up the computer.  For example, 'HID-compliant touch pad' was listed. 

As next steps I then tried to configure this device to allow it to wake by running the following command. " powercfg -deviceenablewake "HID-compliant touch pad"".  When running this command I see the following message, 'You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.'.

Does anyone know how to get around this message(You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake.)?

When I run the following command to see what devices are currently enabled to allow wake( powercfg -devicequery wake_armed) I only see the one entry for, 'Synaptics FS7604 Touch Fingerprint Sensor with PurePrint(TM)'. 

I have also found that 'Wake on USB' should be enabled in the BIOS.  However this is not an option in my BIOS. 

I have also run both Windows Update and the HP Support tool and confirmed my software and drivers are fully updated.

Does anyone know how to fix the issue with allowing my computer to wake up from sleep?

Please let me know what other further details you may need.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.