Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
x360 1030 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm repurposing an x360 1030 G2 using the HP Cloud Recovery method on a drive that's been SecureErased with Win10 64 21H1. I keep seeing "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)" in Device Manager even after running the Driver installation process from the usb stick I have booted from and installed the OS from.

I've done all Windows Updated ran chkdsk and /scannow from Powershell (admin). There are no usb devices attached externally but still this persists - see screenshot

mcc19and64_3-1637695616918.png

mcc19and64_2-1637695578737.png

I've even used the Media Creation Tool to generate a 21H2 bootable and get the same result.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Driver ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply VH2000.

I downloaded and installed the Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Driver from HP as advised but still the issue persists.

In desperation I went for Realtek USB Audio Driver but again same result. I've run HP Support Assistant and HP Image Assistant with nothing showing up.

Don't have a Driver Manager program. Having done many scratch builds this one has me at a loss.

HP Recommended

In Device manager under Detail select Hardware ID and the first number PVI/... is important for you.

Copy this number to Google and if you have luck you find it.

HP Recommended

Nothing under HW/Pid Google search. Reverted to Win10 1903 and disabled devices enmasse in Firmware. Issue does not appear - will enable devices individually and see which one causes problem.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.