Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Power G7 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using the HP update drivers, I have trouble with the following update " Intel Chipset Device Software SP112038.exe" file.

I tried both running the .EXE file as administrator and also doing a silent install, but both fail, and the problem is the system locks the laptop fan starts up like a jet engine.   Tried CTRL-ALT-DEL and that does even work to close the system down.  The only way to shut the laptop down is to hold the power down button.

Just wondering if update is not for my laptop type?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Go and extract the *.inf folder and run the update from the device manager.

Check, if you have the last BIOS update first.

HP Recommended

Have extracted the INF file, and this was using SP112038.exe.  I am right in saying that I use the Computer - ACPI x64-based PC use update driver from there, in the Device Manager?

HP Recommended

YES

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.