1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Upgrading to NBD onsite international warranty

HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am considering buying a manufacturer-refurbished HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 from US with 1 year standard (probably US-only) warranty and upgrading the warranty to a 5-year NBD onsite + travel CarePack since I will be travelling a lot in Europe and the U.S. Reading through the forums and HP's site there are two questions I am not really clear on:

1. Would actually such a warranty upgrade be possible, i.e. is there in theory any obstruction to this?

2. How much does NBD onsite + travel actually cover? In order to get the hardware repaired on site and on the next business day, is it still really necessary that the exact same model should be offered in the country I am residing in? It doesn't really make much sense to send the laptop back to the U.S. if I am paying for NBD onsite. Assume that the countries in question all have HP service centers.

I need to be certain of these aspects before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation