Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 1000-E4X74PA#UUF

My hp notebook is not working usb port.    In bios is not working and SMART Hard disk error occur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@koformat

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see the USB port is not functioning on HP 1000-1418TU Notebook your PC, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • What is the operating system?
  • Could you please share the error code?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's quickly run USB port test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

5. To start the test, click USB Port, click Run once, and then connect a USB device to the port you want to test.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Keep me posted for further assistance.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@koformat

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see the USB port is not functioning on HP 1000-1418TU Notebook your PC, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • What is the operating system?
  • Could you please share the error code?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's quickly run USB port test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

5. To start the test, click USB Port, click Run once, and then connect a USB device to the port you want to test.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Keep me posted for further assistance.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

@koformat

You're welcome! 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.