Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to purchase this laptop. However, I am Canadian and have to purchase it through hp canada sales phone.  It is not listed on canadian site unless I search for this product code 8FP99UT#ABA.

I cannot find a g5 or a g6 physically anywhere to check it out. Usually I like to play with a laptop to see if l find it comfortable to use.  If you own the 17 inch g6, can you please let me know your thoughts on your experience with it and any problems and resolutions.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lee469 

Please use

https://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-zbook-17-g6-review-100-workstation-experience-and-upgradable-graph...

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/hps-zbook-17-g6

Note: It is a series of many models/products with many different configurations/options and 8FP99UT#ABA is one model/product (#ABA is for North America market only, Canada would be included). Above reviews/articles may cover only one model/product but basically they have same main components.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, thank you for the links. I have seen these but I am now looking for the more personal user experiences from actual owners, hopefully.  There is only a few on the internet. You tube videos are done by vfx pipeline.  No one else that I can find that has done really in depth reviews on you tube from a personal user experience.  

Thanks, Lee

HP Recommended

In theory I like my G6 17 / Xeon  (although I don't like the aesthetic design as much as my old G3) *but* and this is a big but, mine is totally useless as it randomly powers off when transitioning to high load on battery. I've had the motherboard replaced already but it didn't solve the problem. Now it could potentially be a fault in another daughter-board, or it might be Xeon specific or something else (e.g. I run Linux and windows seems less susceptible, although I have also observed same in Windows 10) 

Personally I'd be a bit wary if you're planning on running on battery. If you're always on mains, probably OK.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.