Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

Using a Probook 455 G3 with two external monitors

Product Name: HP Probook 455 G3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I wish to use my Probook 455 G3 with two external Monitors  

What will I need to do and what if any new equipment/ drivers will I need

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (79 Views)

Re: Using a Probook 455 G3 with two external monitors

Hello

some things to consider would be the version of windows ex: windows 10 or windows 7 for the current graphics driver

here is a link to the driver page for your model

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-455-g3-notebook-pc/7834637

when in thier i would make sure the graphics driver is up to date. otherwise the pc should be able to handle dual monitors.

Hardware to consider would be the type of cable being used  : VGA and HDMI are supported on this model , or you may need an adapter depending on what you go with monitor wise.

i am an HP Employee
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: Using a Probook 455 G3 with two external monitors

re you asking about directly connecting monitors to the laptop or via dock. if you are asking about a dock, then you would need a usb 3 dock, like HP's 3005pr dock. it uses a displaylink driver which should come in the dock or available for d/l on HP's support pages. the dock will not charge the laptop, however, so you will need to also power the device from your std power adapter

the new g5 series support usb-c docking that also power the laptops

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation