02-21-2018 10:32 AM
Hi I wish to use my Probook 455 G3 with two external Monitors
What will I need to do and what if any new equipment/ drivers will I need
03-28-2018 10:56 AM
some things to consider would be the version of windows ex: windows 10 or windows 7 for the current graphics driver
here is a link to the driver page for your model
when in thier i would make sure the graphics driver is up to date. otherwise the pc should be able to handle dual monitors.
Hardware to consider would be the type of cable being used : VGA and HDMI are supported on this model , or you may need an adapter depending on what you go with monitor wise.
03-28-2018 11:17 AM
re you asking about directly connecting monitors to the laptop or via dock. if you are asking about a dock, then you would need a usb 3 dock, like HP's 3005pr dock. it uses a displaylink driver which should come in the dock or available for d/l on HP's support pages. the dock will not charge the laptop, however, so you will need to also power the device from your std power adapter
the new g5 series support usb-c docking that also power the laptops
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data