Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 640 G1 GE46UC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello Everyone... since this is my first post/ first Hp Notebook , I thought I would ask a couple of things. so please bear with me 🙂 1: The notebook powers off on battery anywhere from 80% down to 10%. also reboots and powers off constantly on battery, also the Bios date and time reset to 1999,when all power is removed. . windows also said the computer date and time is wrong when its on the power cord with battery in but shows correctly . T he Hp Diagnostic software said everything "OK" on the battery check running 4 times. Complete system diagnostic is "ok". all drivers and software updated (July 31/2019) . 2: The Windows 7 64 bit Professional restore image I made f rom windows backup/restore feature will not go back in to the 250 gb ssd when I tested it nor on the 1terybye mechanical drive . The notebook is out of warranty and I have had it fro 30 day's. Help.. any thoughts ... thank you a head of time. Bruce
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

it seems as if the overall problem is with the date/time kept by the BIOS... that affects Windows as well... I would replace the  real time clock battery... not a trivial thing, but doable

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05324185

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the power help. rtc has been replaced.the links for the  howto kinda helped. went and downloaded the service manual just in case.  May even order a new main battery . Waiting to see if anything else rears it's ugly head.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.