cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencer2020
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Video 4K @ 30Hz worked on HP 840 G5. Upgraded to HP 840 G6 and now no 4K @ 30 Hz! on same screen?

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently had an Elitebook 840 G5 with a Seiki 4K tv as a monitor set to 4K @ 30Hz.I upgraded to HP 840 G6 and now there is no 4K @ 30Hz option on the same screen!  I plug in other 4K screens and they work fine but not the Seiki 4K i use as my main monitor!  Instead it goes up to a maximum of 1080P which looks disgusting and I can't do productivity work at this resolution.  I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them,  tried different versions of the drivers but nothing works.  My other computers see the Seiki 4K@30Hz mode and the HP Elitebook 840 G6 can connect to other displays at 4K!  Also the Seiki thinks the HDMI connection is DVI and not HDMI which is strange since I am just using an HDMI cable.  I have also tried other cables and same issue.  

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation