Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

At least for the latest BIOS (2019) of the HP Folio G1 there is no chance to disable power at USB-ports.

I don't know whether other devices are suffered or not. So better check.

The BIOS settings (don't charge in standby/off or below a certain battery state) doesn't become active/valid!

Despite what am I set - USB port keeps powered. I guess this was reason that my battery dies.

Please HP-engineers - give me feedback and try to solve the problem. Take into account that recommendation is to keep Dock to be connected. If Dock is not powered the battery runs empty.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is not a real solution, but a workaround if you know the laptop isn't used for longer:

Press power for about 15s - then device gets off completly - at least USB is not powered anymore.

Till now I didn't measured whether battery is drained in that state too, but I hope not.

But again-in (normal) off/standby it should be configurable to disable powering the USB/Thunderbold interface.

I am a bit disappointed about feedback. No one write: I have same problem or I don't have this kind of problem. We are here to help each other. Also no feedback from HP technicians... 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.