Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starbright_
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WARNING: critical BIOS BUG can damage your battery !

HP Recommended

At least for the latest BIOS (2019) of the HP Folio G1 there is no chance to disable power at USB-ports.

I don't know whether other devices are suffered or not. So better check.

The BIOS settings (don't charge in standby/off or below a certain battery state) doesn't become active/valid!

Despite what am I set - USB port keeps powered. I guess this was reason that my battery dies.

Please HP-engineers - give me feedback and try to solve the problem. Take into account that recommendation is to keep Dock to be connected. If Dock is not powered the battery runs empty.

1 REPLY 1
starbright_
Author
Level 2
20 10 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not a real solution, but a workaround if you know the laptop isn't used for longer:

Press power for about 15s - then device gets off completly - at least USB is not powered anymore.

Till now I didn't measured whether battery is drained in that state too, but I hope not.

But again-in (normal) off/standby it should be configurable to disable powering the USB/Thunderbold interface.

I am a bit disappointed about feedback. No one write: I have same problem or I don't have this kind of problem. We are here to help each other. Also no feedback from HP technicians... 😞

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation