twtc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD after sleep

HP Recommended
Elitebook 8xx G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We've deployed a fleet of Elitebook 830 x360 G7 and Elitebook 850 G7 notebooks in our enterprise environment, and are receiving constant reports from our users of a Windows BSOD most (but not all) mornings when awaking the notebook from sleep. WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT is the stop code. Whereas normally waking the notebook (via keyboard/mouse/touchpad input) results in the keyboard backlight and display turning on within a few seconds, when the BSOD occurs, the keyboard backlight turns on normally but the display stays dark for 10-15 seconds longer than normal until ultimately coming on with the BSOD. We're running a 1909 build of Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit). Flashing the BIOS to the latest release doesn't seem to resolve. The minidump file points to ntoskrnl.exe. There doesn't seem to be a pattern between docked notebooks with peripherals/monitors connected and undocked notebooks with no connected devices. Considering this is a widespread issue across all our deployed devices, I'm leery to conclude that it's a hardware failure. I created an MyHPSupport case, and they just seem to want to do a warranty hardware swap for the one device I have in-hand. This is becoming frustrating to troubleshoot because it seems to only occur after 8+ hours of overnight sleep, and it doesn't happen each and every morning. Any additional troubleshooting tips would be helpful, or if others have observed (and fixed) this same behavior, that'd be incredibly beneficial to know.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation