1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

WIN7 drivers not working for webcam & fingerprint reader

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello 🙂

I've recently purchased my first laptop, a used HP ProBook 6560b in mint condition, from an online seller.

It came with the recommended Windows7 OS, but there were no drivers installed. I'm assuming the guy just booted up a clean OS and didn't bother with the pain of installing drivers, unfortunately.

The problem: I've downloaded and tried ALL of the drivers on the official HP page for this model.

My WiFi works, the GPU drivers work, touchpad works, but the fingerprint reader doesn't even show up in the device manager, nor does the webcam.

I've tried to go into the BIOS and see if those biometric devices etc. are even enabled, but the BIOS admin account seems to be locked and when I type in a password, after 3 times it just locks me out and I have to reboot the laptop.

Please help :'(

Thank you,

Ang

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation