Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-21-2020 06:13 AM
i bought an HP envy laptop at Harvey Norman in march. My laptop suddenly stopped working recently so i wish to bring it up to hp support since its still under warranty. But when i check the HP database i can see the product was registered in September 2019, and therefore is out of warranty, how is this possible ?
09-21-2020 08:12 AM
Normally the Warranty date, set originally at manufacture, is "reset" when you register your new computer right after purchase.
That said, in your case, we will submit a request for review so you can submit your case for Warranty repairs.
Request for Review
- I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.
- Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
- Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Enter the name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.
If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .
09-21-2020 01:03 PM
@nicosalto I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.
Please look for a private message requesting additional information.
Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community