Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We recently purchased a laptop through a retailer in Dubai and unfortunately, the screen has gone dead. Upon checking the warranty details I noticed the start date was August 2019, the laptop was purchased in February 2020 with invoice matching. Is there any way to change this date with HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, this problem is frequent, it is probably the date when your reseller has bought the PC is recorded by HP. 

However if you have the invoice of your PC, you can contest this date: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, this problem is frequent, it is probably the date when your reseller has bought the PC is recorded by HP. 

However if you have the invoice of your PC, you can contest this date: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05084516

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you , much appreciated

HP Recommended

If my answer has resolve your problem, please accept it to solution 😉 

HP Recommended

I have had a warrant date issue my self. I purchased a desk top and Keyboard on Black Friday 2019 from the HP store. The warranty started 8 1/2 months before purchase date on the key board and 6 month before on the desktop.So it doesn't happen just from re sellers. It only took 2 1/2 months to get the desktop warranty straighten out still working on the keyboard. I have had to send in my invoice several times they keep closing the case before its resolved

HP Recommended

Hello, I have similar problem.

hp web service are saying that start date of warranty is June 25, 2019, but i purchuased it on 29.10.2019. Is it possible to resolve this? Additionall the Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup date is wrong too.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.