Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z240 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is not a notebook, I couldnt find the desktop option.

Specs:

• A SSD & HDD
  • Gtx 1660
  • i7 6700
  • DDR4 ram
  • Windows 10 pro

Using a HPZ240 tower with original power supply, mother board, ram and case. 

The issue I have is that my computer sounds like an old HDD. It's not the GPU because even though It's unplugged, I can still hear the noise. It sounds like it's from the motherboard/CPU.

What's weird is when I change my power options from High performance to Energy Saver - The noise is reduced by a LOT and I can barely hear the noise.

Here's a video i recorded so you can hear the noise I'm talking about - https://streamable.com/xyawek

What I've tried:

Changing from High performance -> Energy saver (partly fixed the issue but reducing WoW fps with like 40fps)

• Replaced ram
  • Removed GPU
  • Removed CPU to place back in

Kindly, please help me 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If related to the fans in the motherboard, i would recommend you make sure you update the desktop... The BIOS, specifically is tasked with managing the fans thru sensors on the motherboard... in addition, there are Intel drivers designed to help manage all of this... run HP Image Assistant and update everything it suggests

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.