Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, after a search in the Part surfer about my model: Zbook 15 G2 http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=J8Z47ET

I've found the following 735600-001 related to the Blu-ray R/RE DVD±RW SuperMulti double-layer combination optical disk drive - SATA interface, 12.7mm tray load - Includes bracket, bezel, and screws.

When I look for the same 735600-001 on the web there are more than one model numbers (Manufacturers and model) linked to it.

For example, the Model Number of my actually installed Optical Drive Part Number: 735602-001 is SU208.

IMay you help me to find which is actually the model number related to it and if the same part number for the HP Zbook 17 G2 is compatible with mine.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@aerostrato 

Firstly what is your machine ? zBook 15 G2 or zBook 17 G2 ? Part # 735600-001 is for  Blu-ray R/RE DVD±RW SuperMulti double-layer combination optical disk drive - SATA interface, 12.7mm tray load - Includes bracket, bezel, and screws and that is official from HP PartStore

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=735600-001

Others may be compatible products from different vendors/manufactures. By the way, HP may source product from few different manufacturers and gives them same part #.

Part # above will fit to BOTH zBook 17 G2 and zBook 15 G2 with 9.5mm thickness.

Please note: 12.7mm won't fit, because it is too thick,

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Bahnien

Thank you for your reply. Mine is the HP Znook 15 G2.

I have measured the thickness of my Optical drive and yes, it is about 9 mm.

I'm missing what is the reason why in the Part surfer for the #735600-001 part, there is about 12 mm you say is not compatible. By the way, that is the same as I found like in the surfer.

You are confirming my guess about how HP uses of the Part #, that is it is related to the actual manufacturer model.

I'd like to know just that information: what is the actual model number related to the manufacturer product that has been selected by HP.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.