Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Windows is giving an error in Event viewer regarding insecure tpm firmware.

"The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) firmware on this PC has a known security problem. Please contact your PC manufacturer to find out if an update is available."

Solution:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792935

I see the updates but which one for Zbook 15u G2?

thanks

/Johnny

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

A few things to do.

Download and run the latest version of HPIA (HP Image Assistant)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

This tool will allow you to Analyze your system and show you the available updates.

On the Summary Screen (appears after you Analyze) you will see Product Name and System ID.  This will tell you which specific Z Book you own.

I believe you need to SP82133 to patch your TPM.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82133.cva

Open this file and look at the [System Information] section and look for your Z Book.  I believe you will see it listed as... 

SysId21=0x2253
SysName21=HP ZBOOK 15 G2 MOBILE

Please carefully read the Security Bulletin and Readme.html file that comes with the patch.

I hope this helps.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

HI 

This softpaq require TPM owner's password but with the latest Windows 10 it does not store owner's password anymore. Could you tel me how to update TPM firmware on my HP zbook 15u G2 with the latest Windows 10?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Joel,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Since I have some serious issues with my ZBook 17G3 after Windows10 update 1803, Like flickering screen after taking puting my laptop out of sleep mode,or Thunderbolt 3 ports not working anymore. The last issue is even very anoying since I can't use my Electro-Acoustics measurement equipement for work...

I've tried since several days to find solutions on Microsoft and HP pages, have done many updates, cleared TPM, Updated BIOS...nothing helped.

After having donne the "scan" as you described, I realise that my laptop simes to have several probles:

- BIOS version

- 18 problems with pilots

- 3 program problems who are recommended by HP

- 9 BIOS problems

I'll try to solve these issues now...or ones again...

I just find it strange that I have to find these issues by searching by myself and did not receive anny update message from HP.

here is a print screen of my results. I know it is in french since it didn't let me chose another language, sorry for that.

I'll keep you updated.

Btw, sorry if i'm a bit offtopic, this is the only topic where I've found help, at least for the moment.

Thanks again,

Tony

resultats scan HP.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.