Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im not sure where to post this.  My HP ZBook 17 G2 was sent in under warranty for repairs. I got it all worked out through HP Support Assistant which let me actually chat with someone.

Since I sent the laptop in a week ago, there are still no updates to repair status, it does not even show that it was received under the tracking number.  No information has been updated.  I call the provided number 888-886-3292 and it only tells me that the option I need is not available at this time (which is to talk to someone to find out what's going on).  All other available options via the HP sight and provided info seem vague and I am sitting here wonder and waiting. I know these things may take time but I just want to check on it to make sure everything is ok.

Biggest annoyance though, is I cannot for the life of me find a chat option.  It would make it so much easier.   It is not listed as available support options from the site. Is that something I can only do through my laptop, which is in repair? 

HELP!  The sky is falling!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You can try the below link :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

HP Recommended

Hi @Ghost_Train

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome back 🙂

I hope the sky is still up there where it should be. 🙂  I am sorry about your confusion.

Note, that depending on your model, country laws and support options, it may take up to 30 days for the device to be repaired and returned

If you opened a ticket with HP Business support (for example in the US), you can check your case status online here >> https://mycrm.support.hp.com/en-US/SignIn?ReturnUrl=%2Fen-US%2F%3Fvuc%3D1

If this is not the case, you should have your order/ticket number and call HP Support via phone. Here are the  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

The phone for USA should be >> 1-(800)-334-5144 

Please, let me know how it goes and if you face difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Alright.  

Last week, suddenly and email popped up telling me repairs were complete and it was being shipped.  

The links you both provided above were already places I checked.  Chat was no longer an option from the moment I sent the laptop in for repairs.  And up till the email letting me know it was complete, I had no idea if the laptop even made it out of FedEx since the tracking info never updated the status passed the box being sent to me for the laptop.

When the laptop came back the only information of repairs stated it was keyboard and screen replacement.  Nothing else.  Those two issues were microscopic next to the real problems I was having.  I noticed the trackpad has been replaced (unlisted in repaire info) and its extremely sensative and i have no way to turn it off since the laptop does not even recognize it or know what drivers to install.

I see the the problems are still there where it does not recognize hardware for a few things.  I made note of that when I sent it in.  Im geussing my note was ignored.   I may never know since there was zero communication after my initial chat with support (which went great btw).

It shows in Device manager: SM Bus Controller & Unknown (possibly the new trackpad)

Previsously I use Detect PCI Device info to find out what these parts where and tried to find the proper drivers from HP support.  I did, and after installing, problems arose like computer crashing and wifi breaking, etc.  Whatever that issues was I was hoping it would have been found out and fixed.  In my research it was suggested that these were signs of failing hardware.

Im not even saying HP did a bad job.  Maybe they fixed it.  I may never know because there was no communication, no acknowladgement of what i wrote in the note on the trouble I had, not confirmation in being able to reproduce or nail the issues.  I have nothing to go by except that they replaced the 2 things that were just secondary little things (screen and keyboard).   

Im not mad, Im trynig to be direct.  

Time will tell if the issues are still there or not.  

HP Recommended

To check depot repairs status the URL is:

http://www.hp.com/go/csostatus

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.