Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
AMeSh Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why Warranty status is only 4 months?

HP 250 G4 Notebook PC SN: CND5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought the new notebook in the shop on 22 of August 2016.
On the HP's site I check the warranty ststus and see:
Warranty status: Active (opens help in a new layer)
End date: Dec 11, 2016
Why only 4 months?
In the shop it was said to me, that the warranty term is 12 months.
Who is right and who is wrong?
If five months later I will go to the HP's service center in any other country,
will be my warranty valid or not?

4 REPLIES
16534 215 879
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AMeSh

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
syedyasar20 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Kevin,

I too bought a HP Spectre X360 laptop. I checked my laptop's warranty in the HP website and its showing me as Expired on April 24, 2018. Am facing the same issue like the member @AMeShThe model was launched in January only. Why the warranty is only 4 months? In the shop it was mentioned as the warranty term is 12 months. Which is correct? Does the warranty is not valid now? These are the details about my laptop and the warranty status shown in HP website:

Model:  
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx

Warranty type:  Manufacturer Warranty

Start Date:  January 25, 2018

End Date:   April 24, 2018

0 Kudos
1688 50 380
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@syedyasar20

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
trentcreek Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Similar thing happened to be. Ordered a laptop this past late November,  but did not receive until January. Warranty status showed it ends in mid October.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation