Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, I need assistance with a driver for the onboard 3g as the driver supplied by HP on the driver side is not working at all. I have tried the win 8.1 64bit driver as well but with no luck. Any suggestions as my client hates using a external dongle which does work but keeps on going missing in his laptop bag.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hI, i have the same problem, afer installing Windows 10 Enterprise i had this situation

broadband.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

we're having same problem here, tried tons of different drivers with no luck.

modem is not installed in control panel and there are 2 devices with (!) in device manager: HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Device.

any idea ?

thanks

Matteo

HP Recommended

After Uninstalling COM4 and COM5, devices have not been recognized broadband-2.png

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Could you install the below driver and check ?

HP hs3110/hs3114 Mobile Broadband Drivers

Type:Driver - Network
Version:12.1803.2.10 Rev.A(27 Nov 2015)

Link : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_165286_1#tab-history

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

actually is not working. after I download any of these drivers (HS3110 ones) with the usual .exe swpack I'm able to run installation that enter the first usual extraction part in c:\swsetup\spXXXXX folder but after that nothing. I can also try to force HPInstaller manually, even run as Administrator (the user I'm logged in is administrator anyway) and it always run into nothing. no messages. no log. nothing. In the end if I try to update drivers manually from device manager control panel, looking into c:\swsetup\ folder and subfolders it always end without finding valid drivers to use ...

It doesn't seem to be a valid package sowehow ...

Thanks Face

HP Recommended

I have same issue on HP Elitebook 840 G1 with windows 10 pro  x64

everything works fine on Windows 7 Enterprise so it is not hardware issue.

newest driver  (dated december 2016) doesn't work either, also newest driver caused change to name visible in device manager to Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter.

hpFile.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi guys, my HP 820 G1 still has the problem, on my Windows 10 Enterprise x64 configuration the device isn't working.

HP Recommended

in win 10 pro x64, sim card cannot read, in device management not driver to display, please help any body?

HP Recommended

Hello,

This has solved my problem, maybe it will work for you too?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26782/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windo...

saam

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.