Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 745 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've got this notebook. It recently updated to 1803, and was horrendously slow since; CPU running at 100% even on a clean boot with no apps running.

I got the 1803 ISO from Microsoft and did a clean install, completely formatting the drive. The OOBE part of install was also slow - completely erroring out the first time. The first boot up after completion was still running at 100% CPU. Updated all drivers from HP, and still 100% CPU.

Mine is the A6 PRO CPU with 5 cores and 4GB RAM. RAM seems ok with a clean boot consuming about 1.5GB. I upgraded the disk to a Samsung Pro 840 240GB SSD (ages ago).

What is wrong? Pre-1803 was ok. I also have a Samsung AtivBook 9 Lite which specs wise is much inferior. 1803 is fine on this device.

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This sounds like the same Windows 10 AMD processor issue that has been discussed on a few threads recently. Go to the FAQ section of Microsoft Security Advisory ADV180002 and review FAQ 18.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This sounds like the same Windows 10 AMD processor issue that has been discussed on a few threads recently. Go to the FAQ section of Microsoft Security Advisory ADV180002 and review FAQ 18.

HP Recommended

Thanks! That seems to be it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.