Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite Book Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there. I have an intermittent problem with my HP Elite Book laptop. It will suddenly lose WiFi connection and Microsoft Word fails to run (it starts then says it has encountered an error and shuts down).  When you open the network connection window there are no WiFi networks shown. I tried all the usual fixes such as Windows troubleshooting, updating drivers, uninstalling the re-installing the network adaptor etc. Nothing worked; in the end I fixed the problem by doing a clean install of Windows 10. I also created a restore point. The laptop ran Ok for a few days and then the exact same problem occurred again. This time I could recover by going back to the restore point. I have also been using a plug in USB WiFi adaptor in case the problem was being caused by the in-built in WiFi adaptor.

It does seem that Windows is being corrupted, but it's the exact same corruption each time, which would seem to rule out random errors on the hard drive or associated hardware. Any suggestions as to how to investigate or fix this problem would be much appreciated.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.