Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 8570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

just read through lots of interesting postings here but was not able to find a solution, so please allow me to ask:

I have just upgraded a Elitebook 8570p to windows 10 64 and everything works great apart of

1) screen brightness can not be adjusted using the FN-9 and FN-10 keys

2) the pointing device (Styck) does not react - neither do thebuttons just below the keyboard.

Everything seems to be installed accodring to the device manager.

Can anybody please help?

Thank you and best regards

Claudio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ok, so now the two buttons below the keyboard and the styk also work.

I uninstalled the driver and installed the synaptics driver dated 2017-08-16 in Version 19.0.19.63 - now the styk and the pad work as well as their buttons. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

unfortunately, there is not support for your model with Windows 10... component manufacturers for this laptop have not (and are probably very unlikely) developed drivers for Windows 10... So, you will have to live with some limitations... just make sure you have the latest available BIOS for the platform and look in the BIOS for settings that might affect Windows

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you, soImight set up a link to the settings page, because adjusting the brightness easily would be fine.

The "Styck" however worked  but suddenly refused to. And I do not remember what has been changed.

Ok, I will need to look around...

HP Recommended

Just discovered the Brightness slider appears in action center. :)) Can live with that.

Best regards

Claudio

HP Recommended

Still looking for a solution to the point styk not working (neither doo the buttons).

Anybody?

HP Recommended

ok, so now the two buttons below the keyboard and the styk also work.

I uninstalled the driver and installed the synaptics driver dated 2017-08-16 in Version 19.0.19.63 - now the styk and the pad work as well as their buttons. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.