12-27-2017 05:52 PM - edited 12-27-2017 05:53 PM
Windows Hello (facial recognition) can't turn on the camera. I updated the computer with HP's most recent update and up until that it worked fine. I have tried reinstalling the camera driver to no avail. I have a 17" HP Envy touchscreen notebook. Any ideas?
12-28-2017 12:40 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out
As I understand, windows hello does not work.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
What is the product number?
Please download Windows update available on your PC and also perform a BIOS update: Click Here
Keep me posted!
Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data